The Pupil Premium funding is received by schools annually to improve pupil attainment and to help overcome any barriers to learning.
In 2018/19 Schools will receive:
- £1,320 – Pupils in year groups reception to year 6 recorded as Ever 6 free school meals.
- £935 – Pupils in years 7 to 11 recorded as Ever 6 FSM.
- £2,300 – Looked-after children (LAC) defined in the Children Act 1989 as one who is in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, an English local authority.
- £2,300 – Children who have ceased to be looked after by a local authority in England and Wales because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order.
- £300 – Pupils in year groups reception to year 11 recorded as Ever 6 service child or in receipt of a child pension from the Ministry of Defence.