Welcome to Dolphins, Blue Whales and Seals. We hope you will have a very happy year with us all. Below is some useful information to help support your child’s learning throughout the coming year.
Please see our updated curriculum jigsaws every half term to see what we are learning about in school. Knowledge organisers will also be shared every half term with key vocabulary we will be using during the termly topic.
Your child will read on a weekly basis during our guided reading morning, however It is important that your child brings their book bag into school every day. They will either read with a teacher or a teaching assistant. Each week we will make a comment in their reading diary and ask, when possible, that you do the same. We do find your comments helpful. If you require additional reading books, then please access Bug Club, or the reading baskets within each classroom.
Phonics will be taught 4-5 times a week for around 25 minutes. We will begin by recapping phase 3 and 4 and learning phase 5. Children will be taught a bank of new sounds and will practise reading and writing them within real and nonsense words.
This will be taught weekly. We will work on developing fine motor skills through fun activities. We will be tracing over patterns neatly and carefully and learning how to form each letter of the alphabet using our schools handwriting guidance sheet.
Please ensure your child has the correct kit with them on the appropriate days.
Indoor – White T- Shirt and Black shorts/leggings/joggers
Outdoor – White t-shirt joggers/shorts/leggings, trainers for outdoor and a sweat shirt.
Time slots are as follows:
Seals – Tuesday (indoor) Thursday (outdoor)
Blue Whales – Tuesday (indoor) Friday (outdoor)
Dolphins – Thursday (indoor) Tuesday (outdoor)
Every week we will post the learning we are doing in school in preparation for children that may need to self-isolate . You do not need to access this unless your child is unable to attend school , however if you would like to replicate any of these activities at home to consolidate your child’s learning please feel free .
We will also post regular optional homework on google classroom which you could choose to do at home with your child. We do not expect you to do any of these , but if a child does bring a completed piece of work in, their efforts will be recognised.
- Y1 – Curriculum Jigsaw – Summer 2 – 2022
- Y1 – Key Vocabulary – Summer 2 – Royals
- Y1 – Curriculum Jigsaw – Summer 1 – 2022
- Y1 – Key Vocabulary – Summer 1 – Materials
- Y1 – Curriculum Jigsaw – Spring 2 – 2021/22
- Y1 – Knowledge Organiser – Spring 2 – Grace Darling – 2021/22
- Y1 – Curriculum Jigsaw – Spring 1 – 2021-22
- Y1 – Key Vocabulary – Spring 1 – 2021-22 – Oceans
- Y1 – Curriculum Jigsaw – Autumn 2 – 2021-22
- Y1 – Key Vocabulary – Autumn 2 – Australia 2021/22
- Y1 – Curriculum Jigsaw – Autumn 1 – 2021-22
- Y1 – Key Vocabulary – Autumn 1 – 2021-22 – The Great Outdoors
- Y1 – Curriculum Jigsaw – Summer 1 – 2021
- Y1 – Knowledge Organiser – Plants Summer 1 – 2021
- Y1 – Spring 2 – 2021 – Knowledge Organiser
- Y1 – Spring 2 – 2021 – Curriculum Jigsaw
- Y1 – Curriculum Jigsaw – Spring 1 – 2021
- Y1 – Knowledge Organiser – Oceans – Spring 1 – 2021
- Y1 – Curriculum Jigsaw – Autumn 2 – 2020
- Y1 – Knowledge Organiser – Autumn 2 – 2020 – Animals
- Y1 – Curriculum Jigsaw – Autumn 1 – 2020
- Y1 – Key Vocabulary – Autumn 1 – 2020