Welcome to Y3.
Dear Parents / Carers
Now that the children are in Y3 they will have homework each week. This homework will be set on Friday. If it is to be handed in for marking, the homework book should be handed in on the following Wednesday. The homework is briefly described on the ‘Learning Log’ sheet which is completed in class on Friday and stuck into their book. Some homework is ongoing weekly practice.
Each week the children are encouraged to read for 20 minutes 4 times a week. We ask the parent or carer to sign the reading record book to say that this has been achieved. Children hand in their reading record on Monday morning and receive stickers for their book mark. Upon completion of a book mark they can have a dip in our lucky box as a way of rewarding their reading efforts at home.
The children will receive login details so that they can access a wide variety of books on this online resource. They can read these books as part of their Fab 4 reading achievements. The questions that are asked about the texts provide very useful comprehension practice. Separate information is provided.
Children need to build in weekly practice of tables up to 12 x 12.We begin with revision of 2, 5 and 10 and then move on to the 3 and 4 x table. Children need to know both multiplication and division facts. From time to time a tables test will be set and these tests happen on Wednesdays.
Spellings are set for tests every 2 weeks on a Friday. The children are given time at school to practice and should reinforce their learning at home.
The children will be able to access this online homework site for maths. It is self marking for immediate feedback and teachers can see that the work set has been completed. Mymaths is not set every week but is often set to reinforce the current maths lessons. Separate information will be provided.
Thank you for your support with homework.
From The Y3 Team
- Y3 – Summer 2 – 2021 – Curriculum Jigsaw 2021
- Y3 – Summer 2 – 2021 – Key Vocabulary – Stone Age Bone Age
- Y3 – Summer 2 – 2021 – Key Vocabulary – Magnetism
- Y3 – Summer 1 – 2021 Curriculum Jigsaw 2021
- Y3 – Summer 1 – 2021 – Key Vocabulary – Wonderful Things
- Y3 – Spring 2 – 2021 – Curriculum Jigsaw
- Y3 – Spring 2 – 2021 – Key Vocabulary – We Will Rock You
- Y3 – Spring 2 – 2021 – Key Vocabulary – Light
- Y3 – Spring 1 – 2021 – Curriculum Jigsaw
- Y3 – Spring 1 – 2021 – Key Vocabulary – Judaism
- Y3 – Spring 1 – 2021 – Key Vocabulary – Plantastic
- Y3 – Autumn 2 – 2020 – Curriculum Jigsaw
- Y3 – Autumn 2 – 2020 – Key Vocabulary – Funny Bones
- Y3 – Autumn 1 – 2020 – Curriculum jigsaw
- Y3 – Autumn 1 – 2020 – Key Vocabulary – Eat Happy
Letters and Other Information