Welcome to Reception.
Ecclesall Primary School has a Charter for Quality Provision in the Early Years.
Ecclesall Primary School Early Years, Area’s of Excellence, include:
- Supporting children’s independent writing through effective, embedded practice and provision that is based on positive communication and ambitious vocabulary.
- Relational pedagogy -encouraging a whole school community approach to supporting children’s learning.
Aims & Skills:
At Ecclesall Primary School we provide a fun, broad and balanced Foundation Stage curriculum which enables each child to develop personally, socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically, creatively and intellectually. The 7 areas of learning are delivered through exciting and challenging teaching and learning opportunities and through a range of stimulating activities and purposeful play. There is a balance between adult led and child initiated activities. We ensure learning is fun and engaging and the curriculum is linked to the children’s interests through themes such as ‘Myself and other animals’ or ‘Once upon a time….’ All children are encouraged to explore and learn, be active, think critically and creatively, develop their own ideas in both our indoor and outdoor environment. We provide a warm and nurturing environment where we encourage positive relationships and encourage all children to be caring, resilient, capable, confident and independent.
Learning and development is categorised into three prime areas of learning:
- Communication and language.
- Physical development.
- Personal, social and emotional development.
Additionally there are four specific areas of learning:
- Understanding the world.
- Expressive arts and design.
Achievement of these prime and specific areas of learning is by:
- Playing and exploring.
- Active learning.
- Creating and thinking critically.
- Reception – Autumn 2 Curriculum Jigsaw
- Reception – Autumn 2 Knowledge Organiser
- Reception – Curriculum Jigsaw – Autumn 2019
- Reception – Knowledge Organiser Autumn 2019
Letters and Other Information
- Letter for new parents given out in July
- Autumn 1 – Week 4 parents notice
- Autumn 1 – Week 5 parents notice
- Autumn 1 – Week 7 parents notice
- Autumn Term 2 – Week 1 Parents Notice
- Autumn 1 – Week 8 parents notice
- Autumn 2 – Parents Notice 2019
- Autumn 2 – Activity Sheet – Colour Light & Celebrations