Welcome to Reception.
Ecclesall Primary School has a Charter for Quality Provision in the Early Years.
Ecclesall Primary School Early Years, Area’s of Excellence, include:
- Supporting children’s independent writing through effective, embedded practice and provision that is based on positive communication and ambitious vocabulary.
- Relational pedagogy -encouraging a whole school community approach to supporting children’s learning.
Aims & Skills:
At Ecclesall Primary School we provide a fun, broad and balanced Foundation Stage curriculum which enables each child to develop personally, socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically, creatively and intellectually. The 7 areas of learning are delivered through exciting and challenging teaching and learning opportunities and through a range of stimulating activities and purposeful play. There is a balance between adult led and child initiated activities. We ensure learning is fun and engaging and the curriculum is linked to the children’s interests through themes such as ‘Myself and other animals’ or ‘Once upon a time….’ All children are encouraged to explore and learn, be active, think critically and creatively, develop their own ideas in both our indoor and outdoor environment. We provide a warm and nurturing environment where we encourage positive relationships and encourage all children to be caring, resilient, capable, confident and independent.
Learning and development is categorised into three prime areas of learning:
- Communication and language.
- Physical development.
- Personal, social and emotional development.
Additionally there are four specific areas of learning:
- Understanding the world.
- Expressive arts and design.
Achievement of these prime and specific areas of learning is by:
- Playing and exploring.
- Active learning.
- Creating and thinking critically.
- Reception – Autumn 1 Curriculum Jigsaw 2018
- Reception – Autumn 2 curriculum jigsaw 2018
- Reception – Spring 1 Curriculum Jigsaw 2019
- Reception – Spring 2 Curriculum Jigsaw 2019
- Reception Summer 1 Curriculum Jigsaw 2019
- Reception Summer 1 Knowledge Organiser 2019
- Reception – Summer 2 – Knowledge Organiser – 2019
- Reception – Summer 2 – Curriculum Jigsaw 2019
Letters and Other Information
- Reception New Starters Letter – Sept 2018
- Week 4 – 24th September Parents Notice
- Week 5 – 1st October Parents Notice
- Week 6 – 8th October Parents Notice
- Week 7 – 15th October Parents notice
- Reception – Autumn 2 Activity Sheet
- Week 5 – 3rd Dec 2018 Parent Notice
- Week 6 – Dec 10th 2018 Parents Notice
- Week 7 – Dec 17th Parents Notice
- Spring 1 – Activity Sheet – Once Upon A Time & Materials
- Week 2 – 14th Jan 2019 Parent Notice
- Week 3 – 21st Jan 2019 – Parents Notice
- Week 5 – 4th Feb 2019 – Parents Weekly Notice
- Week 6 – 11th Feb 2019 – Parent Weekly Notice
- Reception – Spring 2 Activity Sheet – Journeys 2019
- Week 3 – 11th March 2019 Parents Notice
- Week 4 – 18th March 2019 Parents Notice
- Week 5 – 25th March 2019 Parents Notice
- Week 1 – Reception Summer 1 Growth At Home Activity Sheet
- Week 1 – Reception Baby Photo March 2019
- Week 2 – Summer 1 Notice
- Week 3 – Parents Weekly Notice
- Week 4 – May 6th 2019 WPF trip
- Week 5 – 13th May Weekly Notice
- Week 6 – 20th May Weekly Notice
- Week 2 – 10th June 2019 Weekly Notice
- Week 4 – 24th June 2019 Weekly Notice